Nashville has been in the National spotlight showing off it’s beauty and charm in ABC’s “Nashville”. The show is filmed almost entirely in the Music City in many famous and not so famous landmarks. If you are a fan of the TV show you can’t miss out on visiting these spots! Every Wednesday is like a game of ispy for Nashvillians and here is your chance to say, “I was there!” Here’s are some of the filming locations for ABC’s Nashville.
A little disclaimer, a lot of these places are public and you can take tours, some however, like the residences are private, so please respect the privacy of the owners and residence.
1. The Ryman Auditorium: The Ryman has been featured extensively on the show since it is the Mother Church of Country Music. We talked about the Ryman in depth on a separate blog that you can check out, but don’t skip touring this awesome landmark. It’s located in the heart of Downtown Nashville between Church and Broadway. The Main Entrance in on 4th Ave N, but the beautiful facade is located on 5th Ave N.
2. The Grand Ole Opry: As mentioned in the Referenced blog above, the Opry has a new home outside of the city in an incredible area called Opry Mills. The Opry houses many other performances as well. Many of the shows performances were performed on the stage and the actors themselves often perform there as well! Chip Estes and Jonathan Jackson are performing this Sunday at the Ryman. You can also catch the Stella Sisters on occasions as well!
3. The Pinnacle Building at Symphony Place: This building is where the fictional “Edgehill Records” is housed. You cannot actually go up to where they film, but I always get asked where that awesome view is from.the Gaylord Opryland Resort across the street. This incredible building is just too fun to describe. An if you get there around Christmas you will see one of the most incredible light displays in the world.
4. “Austin” and “Atlanta”: One thing that people familiar with Nashville will notice is that there are often times when a place on the show is in another city but is actually located in Nashville. Two such places are the Hotel in “Austin” in the first season when Scarlett and Gunnar travel 15 hours to see Deacon perform. The scene is supposed to take place outside of a hotel in Austin, but it’s actually in front of the Hilton in Downtown Nashville a Block from Broadway and across the Street from “Edge Hill Records.” The other time is when Avery is in Atlanta to meet with a new label. The Building is actually the Sun Trust Building right next to the Ryman, in fact in the scene you can see the Ryman’s stained glass windows in the background!
5. The “Great Lawn”: The Great lawn would be most recognizable in the mid season finale in Season 2. The Great Lawn was the home of all the outdoor Music Festival Scenes and also where one of the most pivotal moments in the show in Season 2 takes place, I won’t post spoilers! This spot was also used in the Pilot when Lamarr is planning to building a new baseball stadium.It is right under the Nashville Bikeway a block from the Pinnacle building off of First Ave.
6. Broadway: The Honkey Tonks on Broadway were featured ALOT. You can check out all of them when you need to take a break from walking. Some of the featured are: Rippy’s,
Cadillac Ranch, Tootsies and Layla’s.
7. Musica Statue: This opened the second Episode where Juliette (Hayden Panetierre) was filming her video. The Statue sits right at the entrance to Music Row. You can feel free to take a drive and see it or yourself.
Other Notable Spots are:
The Parthenon: Juliette performed he tribute to Rayna in the Season 2 Premiere.
The BlueBird Cafe: Numerous performances and scenes. You really never know who will be sitting at the next table to you!
The Bridgestone Arena: Not only are most of the concert scenes filmed here, but it is also a great venue and hosts the CMA’s in November as well!
So have some fun and check out these real places! The City of Nashville is thrilled to have the filming in town and we look forward to seeing what it upcoming in the second half of Season 2!
You can even be an extra while you’re in town! Just Check out this page!
For a great interactive Map, Click Here.