International Admissions Process
Dark Horse Institute offers international students the exciting opportunity to pursue an education in Music City at our campus just outside Nashville, Tennessee! Learning with us will provide you with the unique experience to study Recording Arts and Music Business programs in our world-famous studios and on state-of-the-art equipment.
If you are a non-U.S. citizen living abroad, find out the steps it takes to enroll in our 17-week Audio Engineering and 12-week Music Business focused programs. Then fill out the request information form here to get in touch with an experienced admissions staff member to guide you through this step-by-step process:
- Complete enrollment application and pay $250 application fee for Audio Engineering, Music Business or both programs
- Complete the DS-160 form
- Copy of passport
- TOEFL Exam – English proficiency test (minimum score 61), except for English speaking countries. Student pays cost – range is $150 to $250
- High School Transcript Evaluation at World Education Services – Students must have the U.S. equivalent of a High School Diploma. The student pays cost – $145.00
- Proof of Financial Means – A bank statement showing the available funds to cover tuition and living expenses. If the student has a benefactor, we would need a signed letter from the benefactor stating their support, along with a copy of the benefactor’s bank statement showing available funds to cover the student’s tuition and living expenses.A) Audio Engineering $12,000 + $1,400 a month living expense
B) Music Business $9,750 + $1,400 a month living expenses
C) Audio Engineering + Music Business $17,000 + 1,400 month living expense
- After all the documentation from above has been received an I-20 will be generated. We will mail you a copy of the I-20 (M-1 Visa application). Once you have received this document you will then follow these steps:
1) Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. This can be done on-line here. You will need the I-20 we mailed you in order to make this payment.
2) Call the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy to schedule a visa appointment to obtain and M-1 visa, not F-1. Bring the following documents to your interview:
- Form DS-160 Confirmation
3) When entering the country you will need:
- Copy of original 1-20 and proof of financial means
- Passport, SEVIS I-901 receipt, your visa and a photo
- Confirmation page of DS-160
Mail copies of all documents to Cathy Baird at Dark Horse Institute, 230 Franklin Rd, Building 14A, Franklin, TN 37064 or email copies to email@example.com.
Dark Horse Institute is approved by the Tennessee State Approval Agency for International eligible students.
Click here to fill out the contact form, then one of our admissions representatives will get in touch with you with more information about our programs and walk you through the step-by-step international admissions process.